LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's Been Awhile

Well, two and a half months is certainly a long time. Lots of things have happened some bad and some good. So, I'm only gonna talk about the good. Late October I got back on track with my healthy habits. I started logging my consumed foods, kept portions in check, got back on my exercise routine in and out of the gym. From July-September I lost about 14lbs. Since the first week of November til now I have lost another 23lbs bringing my total loss to 37lbs.

I am feeling so much better about myself and can finally see the results of my hard work. I also got back on my half marathon training (only did 4 weeks of hard core training and cross training when it should have been 12 weeks) and completed my second half marathon yesterday. My first one was in December 2009 and it took me 3 hours and 24 minutes to do all 13.1 miles. This year, I wanted to make sure my time was better with the hope of going under 3 hours. But since I flaked out on half my training, I bettered my time but missed going under. This year's time was 3 hours 4 minutes. Shaved off 20 minutes. So I signed up to do another half marathon in March. Now that I found my inner jogger (not quite feeling like a runner yet), I plan to stick my training schedule that starts next week. I will get under 3 hours!

I have set a few goals awhile back, like wanting to lose at least 100lbs in a year. I also wanted to set a smaller goal for now. I want to be under 200lbs before the new year starts. So I have 12.5lbs to go in 4 weeks. I believe I will make it. And I have to say it feels really good to have that self confidence back and to believe in myself. To get me in the right mind set of a new year, new me....I made a dramatic change by cutting off about 10" of hair. Yep! Went back to short...really short. I love it and I think I'm ready for the next phase of my life to start!

I really appreciate all of you that take the time to follow my boring little blog that is clearly all about me, but I really get so much motivation from your responses that allow me to keep going when fear stands in my way. Thanks for that extra push to get past it and on my way to a better healthier me. And one day, I hope I have inspired someone else to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment