LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, December 19, 2011

Hello! Have You Met My Friend, Gayle?

I have been working my butt off... Literally! I started a journey to a healthier lifestyle and weight loss back in July but got distracted and derailed, a lot! But by mid/late fall I found my groove and have been so on top of it that I am actually losing weight during the holidays!!
That's right friends...I am down a total of 41.5 pounds and I am feeling pretty freaking awesome! And to think, this is only half way to my goal. I mentioned before I want to be under 200 pounds before the new year and I have 8 pounds and a little less than 2 weeks to get there. AND I WILL GET THERE!!
I also signed up for my third half marathon. This time I plan to run all 13 miles and hope to finish somewhere between 2 hours 30 minutes - 2 hours 45 minutes. And in January, I will sign up for my first sprint distance triathlon as part of the Memphis in May festivities.

I am so incredibly proud of myself. A lot of things have happened since the fall. While not all of it has been good, it did force me to find myself. And I love who I am and have become. Every path is laid before us and we are meant to travel them for whatever reasons...good or bad. And each path takes us to a place we were meant to go. My journey hasn't been easy but I am grateful I found the courage to start it.


I am so proud of myself for sticking with my goals and working hard to achieve them. And I have to thank all of you for the encouragement every step of the way.



There is a quote I found and want to share...

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."


No comments:

Post a Comment