LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, September 24, 2011

How Gayle Got Her Groove Back

I am officially on the right path to making all my skinny dreams come true!!

I really struggled last week with trying to start my half marathon training with running but pulled out a proud moment when I was able to complete a local event at the end of the week that had me running again. This week is a continuation of feeling that sense of accomplishment. I'm still doing run/walk intervals with an increase in run time. My overall average pace is getting lower and I truly feel for the first time since starting that not only is the half marathon doable, I know I will be able to achieve the goals I want to set. First Goal: Finish under 3 hours (2009 St. Jude Half Marathon time was 3 hours, 24 minutes). Second Goal: Maintain run/walk intervals of 10 minute run/2 minute walk thru the entire half marathon. Third Goal: To have an average pace of 12 minute or less miles throughout the race. Fourth Goal: To look HOT doing it all!! =)

I'm working diligently on the looking hot thing, too. I've been coming to terms with a lot of issues I have with food (even have an unofficial "food therapist") and sticking to my daily caloric intake. So far to date, I have lost 16.5 pounds with 9 pounds lost in the last 2 weeks. They (every "expert" I've read about or heard or seen) say that the major key to success in weight loss is to write down every single thing you eat..."If you bite it, write it!" So I started using my phone to do that and everything else. There is a great app called Lose It and I really like it. I hate that its a pain in the butt to have to document every little thing but the app is friendly enough and has a huge data base that it really is easy to do. It's a whole lot better than having to hand write everything!! Another app I use everyday is MapMyFitness. It's great for my walks, runs, and bike rides. And both of these apps report to FaceBook all my accomplishments so I get that extra boost from all my adoring fans!! (love you, mean it!)

So, with week 2 of half marathon training down in the books and a total of 16.5 pounds gone, I finally look forward to all the improvements and achievements with running and weight loss over the next 10 weeks. And I'll be looking for said adoring fans when the long runs start getting longer than 4 miles...oh wait, that's next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment