LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Miss Me?

Hellooooooo!

Been awhile, I know! Got lots to say but I'll try to keep it short.

I fell off the wagon....somewhat. I stayed on track for the most part for my diet but the exercising was on the long slow track. But here it is the beginning of my half marathon training and I'm just trying to get thru each week.

Completed my first full week of training and ended up losing 6 lbs!! Yeah me!! I did gain a bit of the original first 10lbs I lost but I got myself together. I've been doing some cross-training with my aunt using a great Kettle Bell workout 3 times a week and as soon as we can mesh our schedules together again, we will be adding some kickboxing and wavebag work. I'm still riding my bike with friends and family...one ride was 21 miles which is the farthest I have ridden. Quite proud, thank you!

Michael joined a gym and I will eventually join with him so I can use the pool to add to my cross-training. I'm afraid I'm gonna lose my riding buddies as the weather gets cooler and wetter. At least the pool is inside. I'm also thinking of setting some loftier goals of completing a sprint distance triathlon (1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike, 3.1 mile run) next summer. I did a "super sprint" which is half of the sprint so time to move up in the ranks.

I was struggling with the running portion of the program this past week. For some reason I just could not run my 10 minute intervals without feeling like my lungs were going to collapse or explode. So I went back to basics...way back! I walked my first two scheduled runs of 2.5 miles and 3.5 miles and tried to get a better walking pace. Feeling a little more confident, I chose to complete a local 4 mile race doing 3 minute run with 2 minute walk intervals. This week, I'm moving it up to 4/2 and hopefully build each week.

So...there ya have it. I'm sure you don't care but this is where I like to brag on myself for making an effort to better my health and meet some arbitrary goals to anybody willing to read! Hopefully, some day, someone will read this and find a little inspiration and get up and move. This fat girl did!! And I'm proud she did it!

Til next time...and a little bit skinner me...

No comments:

Post a Comment