LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Off To A Good Start!


Today was our "long" bike ride with our BFFs Dwayne and Patrick. Dwayne just got his bike last week and already logging the serious miles. Our first trip out was rough on me with the heat and the fact that my behind is usually sedentary on a couch. We did about 5 miles and called it a day. Dwayne called around dinner time Thursday and wanted to get out and enjoy the cool breeze that created a break in the hot weather we've been having. We did another 6 miles that evening but wanted to do a little more but the sun was going down. So we made a plan to have a longer ride set up for today.

A little over 15 miles later...! It was a wonderful 3 1/2 hour morning. We explored in and around Shelby Farms and the Wolf River. We took paved paths and we did some trail riding. Stopped for breakfast and found some more places to ride. We're already talking about going again....but I think I need to let my butt rest a few days, that saddle sure does get uncomfortab
le after awhile.

I mad
e a self observation today: I had more fun doing an exercise I don't like simply because I was with friends. While I know I got a great workout, I never felt like I was "working". That's what will keep me on this path to a healthier lifestyle. I even made good choices today at Chick-Fil-A by ordering a bowl of fruit and having chocolate milk. Drank lots of water (but that's no surprise to those who know me). AND...I even lost 5lbs in a week!!! Time for that reward....hmmmm....I'm thinking a pedicure is in my near future!
Next up is to start getting ready for a 5k in September. My plan is to walk/run 3 days a week and still hook up with my boys for weekend rides.

LIFE IS GOOD!!


1 comment:

  1. Gayle, you look great. Kevin Morton, from Maryland, if you remember. You can find me on facebook.

    ReplyDelete