LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Long Time, No Write!

It's been nearly a year since my last post. I think I have redefined "slacker"! But hopefully it can be considered I am making amends.

Once again, I am GOING to (please note that I did not say "try" or "attempt") put myself back on the righteous path to better overall health. This must begin with me being completely honest with myself and anyone else who reads this. I am officially 100lbs over weight. I can't believe I let myself get this way or this far. There are no excuses, no blame, no what ifs. I simply must hold myself accountable for the choices I have made over the last 5 years. And I feel it is necessary for me to point out the obvious...to myself...that the only one that can change it, IS ME!

I found a little inspiration in my dear friend, Dwayne who recently bought his first bicycle as an adult and has found a desire to want to get out and ride it. I have been finding a little of that desire, coupled with a side of need, to get out with him. Let me be the first to admit that the one and only activity that I truly dislike the most is bike riding. And there is NO activity I like to do in the Memphis heat! Butt....(yes, I meant to use 2 ts), I have never enjoyed myself more because I am riding with friends just as a social thing to do. So now, I have the plus side of it being something that got my fat butt of the couch, outside and moving.

So what exactly am I to do with this lost but now I have found desire...why something crazy of course! I just signed myself up for the St. Jude Half Marathon in December. Yep! Paid for! In full! No refund! No turning back! Butt since I like the idea of my physical activities to be social, I am trying to brainwash...I mean recruit...I mean ask/beg/bribe friends to do this with me. (Side note: I am a teacher, I am never above bribing to get what I want, just ask my co-worker, Bethany) While I say I am accountable for my choices, I need to be held accountable for my actions. This is where I always fail. So if anyone is interested in joining me, I start a simple "Couch 2 5k" program Monday that leads me to half marathon Training mid-Septembter.

So...why am I rambling? Because I need all the help I can get to stay focused on the big picture, getting healthy. I have big goals and I have baby steps and a whole lotta obstacles in between. I want this extra 100lbs off but instead of setting myself up for failure by saying "I'm gonna lose 10lbs a month or I'm gonna exercise 7 days a week", I'm taking baby steps to get there and rewarding myself for the littlest to the biggest of accomplishment. I have financially committed myself to a few local active events and I'm enlisting any and all of my peeps to go all "Drill Sargent" on me. There is no set time frame, just a constant forward movement and momentum.

With that, I hope to be blogging/pestering everyone with my ambitious life plan a lot more often.

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment