LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Make-Over Week

Oh, how I wish it was me that got a long over due make-over. But alas, it wasn't. It was my fridge. Yep. Out with the old and moldy and in with the edible goods.

Today, I spent an hour grocery shopping the perimeter of the store while only going into the middle aisles for a few staples. I cursed at myself for not having coupons but then was grateful because that would have added another hour to my trip. Besides, they don't have many coupons for the non-processed meats, fruits, and vegetables. So leaving ever so proudly that I managed to stay away from all the snack foods, I loaded up and carted home my healthy foods. (Yes, I wish I had a nice piece of chocolate right now!)



I then spent the next 3 hours prepping, preparing, and cooking meals and snacks for the next two weeks. Apparently, I felt I had nothing better to do with my Sunday afternoon. (The plus side...the tv never came on and I wasn't mindlessly eating.) I remembered from my Weight Watcher days how important it is to spend the time putting together everything in advance so all I have to do is grab and go. And with walking out the door at 5:30 in the morning, that's about all I'm capable of. So all my fruits and veggies are cleaned, cut, and bagged and ready to pack. I even pre-made some protein based quickies to have through out the day. I cooked and re-froze chicken pieces to have for lunches and dinners as well as pre-measuring all my other meat products and making a batch of tuna salad.

With the exception of Michael's lunch stuff, I have managed to stay away from processed prepackaged foods and I'm quite proud of myself. With having no sugary snacks in the house, I can feel comfortable knowing that my mindless eating will at least be healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment