LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Run That Almost Wasn't

Ever have one of those days where you start with your road paved with good intentions and by the end of the day the only thing you want paved is the pathway to your couch or bed? I was so there. I postponed a run that should have been done on Monday and told myself and others on Tuesday I have to get my miles done. Still had myself convinced even at the end of the work day and in the car on the way home.

And then...it happened. I walked in and put my stuff down. And then... I sat down. And then, I put my feet up. Yeah, there would be no running at this point. We had dinner plans for the evening and I was already hungry. So my now soon-to-be-ex husband (just kidding dear) announced that we should go to the gym to get it out of the way before our friendly rendezvous. In my mind he was stabbed at least 25 times with my dagger eyes. He goes to properly prepare for the gym and I stood in the doorway protesting. And then I actually thought I could prevent him from walking thru the door in an attempt to thwart his evil plan! Damn man was entirely too persistent and then I lost the battle with a case of the giggles.

So begrudgingly, I get myself together and in the car. And trust me, there were no nice words coming from my mouth for the entire 2.3 minutes it takes to get to the gym. I got on the treadmill while that man ran on the indoor track upstairs. For every lap he went by me, he gained a new imaginary wound and was the recipient of several dirty looks.

All this drama was for 3 MILES! That's it. That's all I had to do. Got it done and actually felt satisfied at my completion of a scheduled run and was even glad to have gotten it done. And do you think I would give that man the satisfaction of knowing that he had anything to do with my sense of accomplishment? OH HELL NO!!! But, I guess I gotta love him anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah! Okay, that sounds JUST LIKE Jonathan and I yesterday too!!!!

    We knew we needed to go, but didn't want to... but we needed to get groceries, and we tried to figure out what we could eat the next day if we didn't get groceries, but basically we had nothing. So we decided we would HAVE to grocery shop, which meant that if we got out to grocery shop then we had to go to the gym too.

    I'm so glad we went! And I ran 3 miles too! We must have just missed you guys... we went about 8 I think.

    ReplyDelete