LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baby, It's FREAKIN' Cold Out Outside!!


I picked a fine week to start training for the Germantown Half Marathon with only 11 weeks til race day. The temps have to be the coldest here in Memphis since I moved here in 1992. Holy Cow!! I can handle some cold weather but my face is so frozen while I'm running that I couldn't feel my lips or nose, or the snot running down for that matter.

It was supposed to be any easy run...2 miles at a 14:30ish pace. It had to be the most painful run I have ever done. I swear my lungs grew icicles that refused to melt. It took the better part of the night and a 20 minute circuit workout to thaw. And I have so often said that winter is my favorite season...OY! (Sad part is, it still is and always will be!) Tonight is a 5 mile run with speed work. You can bet your long underwear I will be doing it inside the gym since there will be a whopping 1" of snow coming to Memphis!!

To break things up a bit and not burn out on just running (4 days a week according to my handy dandy Runner's World training schedule), I plan to have 2 days of swimming and at least one Spin class each week. I also decided to try my Aunt's "Warrior XFit" circuit training class 2 days a week. It's a very intense and fast paced 20 minute workout that leaves all your major muscles groups screaming "What the @$%#". I survived my first workout and enjoyed my first "win". I posted the link to the site in my list, so check it out.

Well, those are my objectives and psychotic moments of the week so far...check back to see if I survived the first full week of exercise or if I have become frozen in time...or in the middle of the street.


No comments:

Post a Comment