LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Decade, New Beginning


First things first...Happy New Year to you!! I do hope last year was good to you and may this year be better.

I originally started this blog as a way to keep y'all updated on my adventures and endevours (mostly the running thing I was gonna do). Then life got in the way.

We've suffered some losses in 2009 that many of you know about and we've had some moments to
celebrate. Our saddest moment was having to say goodbye to our sweet boy Juneau who was laid to rest in August from a very sudden illness. He was a beloved part of our family for 11 of his 12 years. While the sadness gets a little less, he is greatly missed everyday. We were given some more bad news when Michael was let go from his job in October and he's had a difficult time finding work in his career field of Architecture. He's even been looking in other cities outside of Memphis so I'm not sure if, or when, a move will happen for us.

Well...enough of the unhappy stuff and on to the celebrating. We added a new member to our zoo. His name is Cash and I posted a new picture of our revised family. He has made himself comfortable in his new home and the girls (Nakita and Gretchen) get along well with him. He and Gretchen are both 2 turning 3 soon so they help to keep Nakita, who's 14, young.
We also have had some firsts in our house. Michael trained hard and completed his first full marathon (26.2 miles) and I, with little to no training, completed my first half ma
rathon (13.1 miles). We were both a bit disappointed in our results but proud we finished.

Which brings me back to my original objective with this blog. I'm not that into making resolutions (only cuz I'm not so good at the dedication of keeping them) but I decided I would like to work on some improvements.

So here is my plan (not necessarily in this order):
  • Budget Better- we've been working hard together to make that mighty dollar stretch and I have finally learned I can be good at this!!
  • Follow Thru- I plan to train (starting Jan. 4th) for another local half marathon in March which will lead up to my first possible full marathon in October in San Francisco.
  • Weekly Blogging- I am taking a cue from my friend who just had a baby and is documenting each week with updates and pictures. (I just know y'all are dying to know ALL ABOUT MY LIFE!!)
So there ya have it. I will post pictures as I see fit and pester you with emails to check me out. Hey, if "Libilibis" can do this, then I know I can!!

Love to y'all in the new year. Now...hold me accountable for my said actions! =)


1 comment: