LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Let's Eat In

I never thought it could be done, but it was. We, Mr. Man and I, ate in every night for a week. A WHOLE WEEK!! I cooked dinner for 6 nights in a row...a MAJOR accomplishment for me. And after much deliberation, we determined that it was the most consecutive nights in our marriage. We never realized how much our lives revolved around socializing and events.

All this came about as we started the Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey (which coincided with Lent and my giving up eating lunch out for 40 days) . The month of March will truly be a test of our resolve as we made no allowances for eating out or outside entertainment as a way to build our emergency savings quicker. This has already created a tsunami wave in the Hapner House. Ask Mr. Man...I still haven't let go of his "lunch" from February yet and actually yelled at him for spending $9! Then, in our class, I threw him under the money bus! Poor guy. I may be soon singing "All The Single Ladies". (But at least I'll be $9 richer!!)

The irony of all this...? Of the two of us, I am...no, was...the worst when it came to money. I was the first to encourage eating out, meeting friends and spending money I/we didn't have. And I may as well confess, Mr. Man lost his job in October and we've been ok with his severance, unemployment, and my income. But after 5 months, its getting really tight and we really need a Dave plan.

And there ya have it. So, I'll keep cooking (need to dust off the cookbooks) and we'll keep saving (need to dust off the savings account) and hopefully I'll get to stay cuz he "...put a ring on it"!

No comments:

Post a Comment