LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SNOW DAY!!


Well, it wasn't really a snow day, more like an icy mess...but a day off none the less. This is our second "Snow Day" and its rare here in Memphis much less to have two in the same month.

Our first one was a complete bust when we barely got a dusting of snow. But funny thing about that was they closed the schools the next day because it was
simply too cold not because of road conditions. Then, "White Death 2010" came two weeks later. For two years in a row, we have gotten a slippery mess of this stuff just after my birthday and I get the benefit of enjoying a few more days off. This time, it was not horrible but enough to cripple this poorly equipped town that almost kept us in. (When one has a 4x4, one tends to want to "play in the snow".)

Speaking of my birthday, Michael and his family gave me a new digital camera. There is a long and funny story as to why this is so auspicious (I'll save that for another post) and I thought this was a great opportunity to check out what the camera can do. The pictures at the top were taken the day after all the sleet/rain/snow descended upon us and just before it started melting. Not too bad for a little point-n-shoot. When I grow up, I hope to have my own DSLR to play with.

I do hope everyone else has survived their winter storms and are getting ready for the spring. Now that I have a new digicam, I'll find all kinds of things to post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment